Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mimiko is working…Ondo state is working…


I make bold to make this declaration not because of the many visible infrastructural growth and development that dot the entire landscape of Ondo state. I did not receive a dime to do this. I am not a card carrying member of the Labour party. Yes, I know that I am fast becoming the MC/Compere of choice in government circles, but still, that is not my reason for making this declaration.
Let me start with an analogy I love to give when opportunity permits. Imagine a young boy, who as a child grew up in a building that to answer the call of nature, you have to whistle to the bushes. This child grew up to school age, started primary education and still the bushes remain the “gents”. He graduates to secondary school and the story is still the same, the “convenience” is still somewhere around the school farm. And finally he gets to the university, and yet, the white throne or loo as some call it is still alien, visible but alien. If this guy was to build a house, do you suppose he will deem it necessary to have a toilet as part of the building? Someone that has grown all his live, either shot putting or squatting may not be used to sitting down to do the thing and may not feel it’s important for him to have it in his house. If you don’t believe, go out there and take a census of all the houses that actually have toilets and of those who have, enter the place to find out what’s up-disclaimer-you are on your own ooooooH!!!
I know we can transcend our environment and all, but more often than not, ones environment plays a vital role in the overall growth and development of we beings. Interesting that this effect the environment has affects animals too.



I went through all this stress for a single purpose and I hope you see it with me. The focus of Mimiko’s administration is exciting for me. It is said that a nation can only progress at the speed dictated by the women, children, elderly and the physically challenged. Mimiko has chosen to focus on women and children. A visit to the mother and child hospital under the aBiye project is revealing as well as the concept behind it. The Mega schools that are springing up all over the place makes me feel like going back to school, Primary school for that matter. I see that Mimiko’s focus is on where it matters most. My generation is fast timing out and I know that a few of us are concerned about the future of our children. Sometimes we imagine what Nigeria will turn to after we are gone. As far as I’m concerned, Mimiko is taking care of that by ensuring that our mothers and our children are well catered for, for free under the aBiye program. But much more than that, the set-up of the Mega schools shows that Mimiko is focused on bringing up a new generation of young people that will not be satisfied with nothing but the best. Young people, who will have the much needed supportive and conducive environment that will ensure proper growth and development of their minds, arming them with the right perspective for the future we dream of and desire for Nigeria. In all my travels, I am yet to come across such structures housing a primary school. There is a big difference between learning under a mango tree and learning in a most conducive environment.
People are bound to hold different opinions to that which this write up expresses but wait, my parents used to regal us with tales of free education, meal tickets that got you whole chicken et al and the waiting employment letter. Like @ALIBABAGCFR will say, in case you missed the memo, things don shange!!! To tackle the future, we must build our young now. That is my attraction to Mimiko’s vision.
Without being told, I see the mindset of this man and i encourage him to continue. I am aware of the very high standards enforced to ensure that only the best teachers teach in the Mega schools. I am also aware of the strict code of conduct that guides the teachers in the discharge of their duties. To crown it all, Mimiko provided free busses to transport students and pupils to and fro. The future of every nation is her youth and if a government expends so much on their growth and development, such a government is securing the future of the nation. That is what Mimiko is doing and from my end, he deserves a second term. Did I hear someone say “even a third term”??? na you sabi oooo, me I don tok my finish…
Take time to visit us in Ondo state and find out for yourself so that you ja my iro if na lie I lie….abi??? shikena…

follow me twitter- @SegunOmojola

No comments:

Post a Comment