Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thanks all, for making my day- You ROCK!!!


The year has gone full circle for me again and lo, I am a year older. I would have sat down to review the past years, but that is not for me today. I’d rather look forward to what the future holds for me, the journey ahead, and the mission before me. I’d rather focus on my assignment, my calling, my vision. I’d rather get on with my daily tasks and the seeming drudgery of day to day activities that will sure culminate in the glorious future that lies before me.
It may not be easy, but I’ll keep on keeping on. It may not all be rosy but I’ll hold on to hope. It may not always turn out the way I want or desire it to be but I trust it will turn out how God wants it to be and that’s okay for me. My life is in His hands anyways and He is the One I look up to. He has brought me this far and I trust He will get me there.
I write to thank God for where I’ve been, where I am now (gets excited) and where I’m sure I’m headed. I see an awesome vista opening before me eyes. I write to thank God for my wife, who has stood by me all this while with love, care, support and understanding. I write to thank God for my lovely gifts from God who never let up in their antics and creative mess, their adorable smiles of deep innocence. I write to thank God for my parents, both of them that is (including my in-laws ni o) and my wonderful siblings, all of them. I write to thank God for my extended family and the blanket of safety they cast over me and mine. I write to thank God for my friends, all of them who have been solid in their role as friends. I write to thank God for the numerous acquaintances that come around me regularly out of which some graduate to becoming friends. I write to thank God for my many fans (preens like a bird) who keep me going daily. I thank God for every Nigerian who dreams and is working towards a great and prosperous Nigeria; we will live to experience that day.
I write to mark this day with words that I’m certain will outlive me and speak on for generations to come. I write to thank God for the privilege to affect generations positively. I write to thank God that my errors, mistakes and fumbles have not drowned me. I write to thank God for opportunities to serve. I write to thank God for life…
I write to say a big thank you to all of you who made out time to call, send sms, bbm, tweet, fb etc… You ROCK!!!
Lest I forget, I write to thank my wife for my brand new timberland shoes-*winks* and the ponmo and the…………..hmm, you too wan hear ba????
The End…

No comments:

Post a Comment