Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

free styling...


I usually first type my blog, proof read, correct and so on with Microsoft office before posting but except to help reduce typos, I’m just free styling today. Putting down anything that comes to my head as it comes. There have been so many issues and yet all of them are same old same old. Events happen, and we start and we talk and we tweet and we blog and the Federal government inaugurates committees and task forces and panels, generating employment as promised and all sorts and we talk again and now NUPENG threatens to strike and another bomb blast occurred on Sunday at Jos and the President is still condemning and winning the war against terrorism and the people say how. The list is endless and the cycle goes on non-stop. On the foreign scene so much is happening, Nigerians are being deported and Nigeria is deporting and deportation goes only against South Africa and we are yet to hear of the Foreign office’s response to UK’s deportation of Nigerians. I learn of clickitivism, armchair critics etc and poverty is still claiming victims by the second, and government is busy in its continuing inconsistency.
Now I am actually rambling without a clear direction here. Pardon the state of my mind at this time. I am suffering from information overload. I am seeing the efforts of my state government to beautify the state and bring about infrastructural development. I am seeing the good people of Ondo state thronging en mass to the fountain that now adorns the banking district of Algbaka with family and friends, taking photographs and praising Mimiko to high heavens and my friend from UK is busy asking me how the economy in Ondo state is and  all I can say is Goodluck’s new year present strongly backed by our Governors has steeped the cost of living to the very high. Houses used to be very affordable in Ondo state but alas not so anymore. I advice you to carry your cash with you while house hunting so that you can pay pronto if not, while you go to withdraw the money in the bank; your potential landlord has a change of mind. Nigeria on my mind especially the back and forth bashings and all, one wonders when all these will end.
News coming from abroad not so comforting, news at the home front not so comforting but this I know, no matter how crazy some may define me to be after reading this piece, especially what I’m about to say now… I take comfort in the truth that it doesn’t end here, that there’s still life after now guaranteed by my faith in God. It doesn’t close my eyes to the happenings around me, and it doesn’t exempt me from being affected neither does it stop me from making my contribution to the betterment of things but it gives me the assurance of hope that there’s a better place after here. I have that to look forward to even as I try to do everything in my power to make real positive difference in my world. Where I am is good place to be. I’m calm even in the storms both natural and man-made and I am able to remain as a beacon to those who desire what I have. The world may call me crazy, but it was foretold long ago. I may be in the world but I am not of the world. I have Jesus and I’m glad. He is the assurance I have to continue to keep on keeping on. He is the source of my joy and the reason for my calm.
I sha know I will do all I can to ensure that Nigeria does not collapse and I’m willing to trust God for the outcome of my efforts.
End of free styling… no editing beyond spell check…

No comments:

Post a Comment