Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I am single……

In your dreams, me single? No way and let me bust it already, or should i??? Pardon my attempt at suspense and follow me through.
The issue is there is a saying that goes, Jack of all trades, master of none and many other sayings that espouse the principle of focus. I mean chasing two rats at once is crazy except you are chasing them through a narrow tube that is closed at the other end.
Every man has an inner craving to be relevant; it’s in all of us. A desire to be recognized, to be noticed you can add famous and so on. The issue now is what is the platform for recognition??? I have dreams, not just me. We hear stories of and witness people who are making impact in life and we want to be like them. Remember that success has many relatives, friends and well wishers. Everyone identifies with success and desires to be successful.
Now, having established the innate desire for relevance, it now boils down to what to do to attain this relevance. That will be the focus of today’s blog. Ooooooops! Thought I was going to talk about relationship, as in the single that mingles in a bid to double? Naaaaaaaa.
I am quickly discovering that all successful people are single, yes single. O.k., let me start Eddie Murphy, single, Jamie Foxx, single, Genevive Nnaji, single, Pastor Adeboye, single, John Maxwell, single, Ali Baba, single, Donald Trump, single, Tiger Woods, single, Usain Bolt, single, Didier Drogba, single, Chinua Achebe, single, the list is endless and all of them are SINGLE!!!!
By single, I mean, when your hear their names mentioned only one thing comes to your mind, what they do, for instance Tiger Woods is known for singing true or false? Jamie Foxx is an actor, true or false? Eddie Murphy is a musician, true or false? Especially Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy, most people I know will never believe that Eddie Murphy then used to be a singer too and I have seen Jamie Foxx’s song on Channel O and it doesn’t just click with me that he is a singer in the mold of say, 50 Cents. 50 Cents has appeared in a few movies but you still get to describe him as a rap artiste. Forget about all the possible diversifications, only one thing sticks to our minds about people and that is whatever it is that got them fame in the first place. It doesn’t matter how many areas one develops expertise, people will only remember you for one thing.
Here is the kernel of my gist so far, find that one thing and do it. The process may be short, long, difficult, easy, anyhow. But you can only make the impact you desire to make by discovering that single thing that will launch you out. Jesus didn’t make his fame as a carpenter, or healer, or teacher, or because He is the son of God, all this wouldn’t have mattered if He didn’t die and rise again. That was and is the only thing that matters because that is the single thing that had far reaching and most lasting effect on mankind. People will still feel the effect till tomorrow and for as long as the world remains and I am almost sure that we will sing about it when we get to Heaven.
As you look to manuals to get a hang of your newly purchased device, so you have to look to God to discover that which will bring you forth and which people will most remember you by. He is our maker and He has a purpose for creating every being. Fulfillment only comes with discovering that single but impactful purpose for your life and doing it. Pouring yourself into it whole heartedly because by doing so, you obey Him, you find joy and you add to others meaningfully.
The path to the singleness I am talking about today may not be easy for all, but the gains far exceed the pains. The road to self discovery is the only way I know that doesn’t always makes sense from the beginning and through the course of the journey but at the end; all things are clear and peace reigns. One thing that will make a lot of sense is to be guided all the way and God will gladly be your guide if you let Him.
Today, it’s I am single. Watch out for “I am scattered” next blog…..

2 comments: