Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

who do i marry??? 2

It is June, the beginning of the end of the 1st half of 2011 and I am sure a time of serious stock taking for many, myself inclusive.
I discovered that my write-up titled “who do I marry???” enjoys the highest viewage among my 19 blogs up to date. It alone has drawn over 60 people to my blog site and I am ticklishly happy. Ticklish for obvious reasons, marriage is still very much a hot topic and happy because it is drawing traffic to my blog site. Isn’t that just pat???
Disappointing though is the fact that the blog only had 2 comments, awwwwww PLEASE!!! Drop comments now. It helps to know if one needs to make any adjustments, you know now.
That be that, I seriously wonder why we quickly label some aspects of our being “Old School” and this is a common thing among the newer generation – to think that one day my children may refer to my ideas as old school. So tell me. What is new under the sun??? Or like the Yorubas will put it, “ki l’oju o ri ri?” that is what has the eyes not seen before?  Or the other powerful saying of the Yorubas that I love which goes “a ri iru eleyi ri, a fi n da eru ba oloro” which translates literarily that saying we have not seen this before is only to scare the affected person which means, there is nothing new under the sun. There is an English saying that aligns with all these and it goes, we cannot keep reinventing the wheel. We can make it last longer, look finer, stronger but to try to reinvent the wheel is obviously a stupid venture.
Why am I stressing this nothing new under the sun message??? I know how my mum met my dad and indeed how most of my friends parents, met each other. Things were not this complicated then. Recommendation and referrals was the in thing. People trusted the judgment of family and friends in the choice of a future spouse as in all that was needed was a good word from a friend and the relationship starts and blossoms. Maybe there was more room for trust then than now.
I must say that the fact that distractions abound now is why things are getting rather complicated. The advent of much advancement especially the media (entertainment) has colored the eyes of many. A lot more people are not founded on any particular principle so they get blown here and there by any and every fad. This equally affects the ability to make a decision on who to marry. When you don’t have a mind of your own, you will never be able to make any concrete decision. Check out the rate of divorce these days, compare it what it was like then discounting the increase in population.
In all this present confusion, you can find your spouse and enjoy a blissful married life. I can gladly say that I have enjoyed every bit of my marriage to my wife and mother of my children. I have God to thank for making very wonderful people abound for me – I can’t begin to mention names – and beautiful resources that help renew my mind and most especially the Bible, the word of God.
In this vast decaying world with all its confused and complicated complexity, the only source of sanity is the Word of God. It has answers to every of life’s questions as it leads you to Life. Making choices become easier when you are anchored to Christ the source of all things.
I hope someone is blessed by this and gets righted. You can only have it all when you have Christ. That marriage that career that dream, that desire can only be satisfying in God. 

2 comments:

  1. Well written Segun! I can't imagine a blissful marriage without obeying the instructions found in the word of God especially as it relates to relationship between spouses. The word of God aptly describes how one can overcome the friction that comes with relationships. But the truth about the matter is that we fail because of our expectations which are at most unrealistic. Soon we shall be celebrating one year of blissful marriage and I tell you, it has been God working in us because we all signed up to hold unto His word in obedience.

    Till then, ride on brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate you comment Paul and i'm glad your marriage is blissful too. We can only have realistic expectations if our expectations are God based abi? Carry go bro...

    ReplyDelete