Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Happy bofday to me...


I have to write. I have not written for some time now. At least the leisurely writing for my blog. Today, I feel compelled to put something down as today is my birthday. I should put this day down somehow. So many things in my head I want to write about. So many things playing out in the world right now and especially in Nigeria to write about, as in so many talking points. Let me borrow a leaf from my friend Maziyateke and bullet all I have to say. I see that as the only way out now.
Mild irritation, annoyance, anger and rage (on our roads)
The above arrangement is purely my design. The hierarchical positioning of the above emotions is my creation. I have not gotten this ranging from any book of Psychology. These ranges of emotional reactions are brought about by varying experiences of humans and the results equally vary from mild to fatal destruction. Our roads are bad, yes. The government is to blame, yes. Most road users a bad, yes. Who is to blame? The incessant carnages happening on our roads on regular basis are not strictly as a result of the bad roads. A lot more is as a result of bad road users. I wonder what is chasing these people. I hardly understand what they are chasing. Nigerian drivers should try to remain calm irrespective of which of the above emotional disposition that is playing out in their life. The loss of life on our roads is getting astronomical due to the carelessness of our drivers. Haba!!! It is getting too much. Just last week in Ondo state, 32 human beings lost their life to motor accident caused by careless driving, 32 people, just like that. This is one incident Guys, one. How is this, the fault of the government? Or we want to say it’s because the government failed to enforce the proper issuance of driver’s license so, the deaths due to reckless drivers is ultimately the government’s fault. So, bad governance is the cause of the constant loss of lives on our roads. If we are frustrated with our rulers, should we allow it to influence our driving? This is ought to be a full write-up but let me do a to be continued here…
The youth and slothfulness
I know, slothfulness is old English and it means laziness. Don’t go for your dictionary yet. I know a lot of young people will not have even bothered to search for the meaning of slothfulness so I have said it, it means laziness plain and simple. Men, most young people of nowadays are so lazy… it is disheartening and will they listen? No. I guess, it’s the fault of the government too. The youth cannot be engaged except the government engages them or sorry, engages their parents. I mean, because of the government, the parents are poor and are not able to cater for their children and on and on it goes. All is blamed on the government. My Nigeria people, the government are our bane. Every evil that has ever and will ever befall us as a Nation is the government. None of it is our fault, as in we the people. Blame it all on the government oh. As if the government foist themselves on us. Where is the saying that goes, you can only take the horse to the river but you can’t force it to drink water? Are we completely helpless? Should I say, hopelessly helpless? Let us work to throw off every iota of slothfulness/laziness. Abeg… as if we don’t have a choice. As if we don’t make decisions daily. As if we don’t choose to do or not do all of the time. Imagine some people blaming the government for the young people that are now embracing terrorism. As if the ability to be violent is restricted to only a few. As in it’s only a select few that have the monopoly of violence right? As if we all are not exposed to the same frustrations. As if there are people that are immune to problems. Abeg…
Terrorism
I have said enough already. Check out my other blog on terrorism.
My bofday
Men, we ate rice and drank water. Had fun reading all my wall posts on FB. Men I feel loved. I thank God for family and friends, all your words of encouragement and prayers are overwhelming. I mean, the power of love is not destructive if not my FB page should have crashed with the load of messages from family and friends. With you I know I am blessed. I am glad I have you in my life. I thank you all that contributed to the beauty of today. I am honored.
Thank you, danke, merci, nagode, e se, imela nu, spassiba, obrigado, gracias, ngyabonga etc… first to God and next to you all.
Happy bofday to me and many happy returns

1 comment:

  1. That is really interesting, You're an excessively professional blogger. I've joined your feed and sit up for looking for more of
    your wonderful post. Additionally, I've shared your web site in my social networks
    my site :: santa monica apartment

    ReplyDelete