Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2011

I want to be President

Forgive my rush, i am truly digging the past. I actually sent this to the editor of the Punch newspaper. didn't even get a reply. thank God for email because i had lost my copy, i just downloaded this from my sent mail.
this i wrote when our Late President, May his soul rest in peace was in power... enjoy...


I want to be President… of Nigeria. And I don’t care if they do or die. That is entirely their business. After all, anything goes. You can be Assistant Commissioner of Police today and be Assistant Inspector General of Police tomorrow and vice versa, all at the whim of my humble self, the President and I am indeed a servant leader, fully committed to the eradication of corruption and the entrenchment of the “rule of law”. And of course, I can send the Chairman of my Party out as member of any delegation to represent our great country at any time as is necessary to take advantage of his acumen in over seeing the daily workings of our GIGA-TRON of a Party in further enhancing the image of our beloved country.
I must say, it is not an easy task to rule this country so there is need to form various Committees at any and every opportunity to ensure that my many cronies are gainfully employed thereby reducing the rate of unemployment in the Nation. The power issue is really of great concern to me. The fact that my fellow Nigerians are in perpetual darkness pains me to my heart. I will therefore see to it that a lot of noise is made about the issue. I only hope that my people will not go deaf from the noise of the many generators that will be made available with immediate effect. Also considering the fact that power plays a most crucial role in our quest to place Nigeria among the top 20 economically viable Nations come 2020, I will ensure as much as possible that my cronies will be commissioned to bring in silent generators and state of the art inverters all at affordable prices. As you all know, this act of mine will also notch up the level of employment.
 Now to the Niger-Delta issue, the rule of law must be maintained at all cost. Therefore the might of the nation and the full weight of justice will be brought to bear on the criminals that are perpetrating such dastardly act in that region. I must clearly state here that I have zero tolerance for any form of criminality and I will do all that is in my power to wipe out criminality in that region and indeed Nigeria.
The wheel of government grinds slowly as you all know, so, as to the conditions of our roads, you will have to bear with us. We shall attend to it in due time. Meanwhile to cushion the effects of these death traps, I will do everything possible to build the capacity of the Federal Road Safety Commission to handle the outcome of accidents on our roads  and they will enjoy the cooperation of other sister agencies. Also efforts will be stepped up to ensure that those that do not survive such unavoidable occurrences will be given proper burial at no cost to their loved ones.
 At this juncture, I want to appeal to all the good people of Nigeria to be patient with this present Government. As is widely known, Rome was not built in a day, therefore, in good time; you all will fully enjoy the dividends of Democracy. This we will ensure sometime in the course of our hundred years reign. This is my most solemn promise to you. Be sure that I will fully inform my chosen successor after I have completed my second term in office and impress on him to carry on in the same vein that my government has done to ensure that you continue to enjoy quantum economic and infrastructural development. Even the little issue of the FOI bill will be paid every attention it deserves.
Our colossal party and indeed this Government, has the good of this country at heart and we care for our beloved Nation deeply as you all may have gleaned through the media and experience. I must at this point appreciate my many cronies for their unflinching support toward the success of our great Nation and in ensuring that this Nation maintains its position as the giant of Africa through their numerous acts of unmatched patriotism and unvarnished loyalty. They have greatly enhanced the image of this Nation by greatly increasing her foreign reserve by their unselfish acts of saving huge portions of the National cake in their personal accounts in foreign banks. And as we all know, he who is faithful in little, more is given to, therefore, these acts of patriotism shall surely not go unrewarded. Soon we shall have a new set of National awardees. Our journey is far and our task set out in the Seven Point Agenda, therefore all hands must be on deck to move this Nation forward. Long live our great Party, Long live Nigeria.
Written this day of our Lord 08-08-08.

1 comment: