Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Just do it...

I have struggled to title this article. So, I just thought, write now and title later and that is what I am going to do.
Here is what I believe to be true, everyone has their audience, and everyone has a followership. Everyone has someone that looks up to them or that is linked to them in some way.
What I am trying to bring out is no one can stop you but you. That there are many singers and good ones at that does not mean you should not go to the studio thereby killing the songs in your heart bursting to come out. My country Nigeria is a unique country in the sense that there is a lot of trending. All you need do is start something, anything and as long as you are making a success of it, soon every other person will join the bandwagon – it doesn’t matter if you all stay on the same street. You can imagine everyone on a street selling the same products, wow, but it does happen and they still get patronized and that is my point. It is not enough to say that everybody is in this business means I can’t be there. My people have a saying, “the sky is big enough to accommodate all the birds” and I add all the airplanes as well.
There is a space for everyone to make his/her impact, influence a life and generally affect the world.  That is the whole essence of creation, connection. Imagine if someone like John Maxwell said, wow, with so many bestsellers out there, would I even be noticed? And he decides not to write based on that. Imagine all the authors in the world, all the artistes and so on. The fact that there is someone doing what you are doing already or what you want to do should not discourage you from going on. Whatever it is you choose to do, you bring your own uniqueness to it and there are those whom only you can touch. God has arranged things so that we have all we need to be what we want to be. After all Jesus came to save the world but not all accepted Him. But some did and those are the ones that matter.  He didn’t change his mind about dying for all despite the fact that He knew that not all will accept Him. He came, and He did what He had to do. We are also expected to do what we have to do. Write that book, sing that song, start that business or whatever it is you have to do. Do it, you will be found. Remember, who you are is what you get and you can always improve on who you are. Not everyone will accept you, but some will, so you just focus on those that do accept you and concern yourself with them only. Always remember, you can’t please the world. For instance, there are still people that are not moved by the late Wacko Jacko’s songs despite his world wide fame.
We all have our strengths and our weakness, me I know mine and I try to focus on my strengths and not get bogged by my weakness. Here I am writing my own blog and people are actually reading it. It doesn’t matter if there are no comments yet, but I am getting read. That is all that matters to me for now. I am working to improve myself, give people a reason to read me more. It doesn’t matter that I am just starting in 2011 while there are those that have been blogging since blogging came to be. It doesn’t matter that there are millions of blog sites and bloggers scattered all over the world. What matters is I keep on keeping on and continue what I am doing.
This is as much about me as it is about you. In talking to you, I am talking to myself. If I can do it, then you can, just give it a try. There are people out there waiting for your product, song, book, teaching, movie, name it. Anything and everything you have to offer, you have a ready audience as much as we are still here in this world, you will be heard only if you speak. Just do it...
I appreciate all of you that have taken time to read my blog and those that will do so soon. I can’t do this without you.  I would love to hear from you so please do drop a comment or send me a mail directly on segun.omojola@gmail.com. Until the next blog, stay blessed.
Segun Omojola.

No comments:

Post a Comment